Student Store FAQ
- What kind of computer equipment and Internet access do I need to use this online education?
Users need high-speed Internet connection (DSL or cable, no dial-up) and audio capabilities (sound card) to accommodate streaming audio and video. If user has an Apple computer, Internet Explorer and Windows Media 9 are needed and can be obtained at no charge. Public libraries in larger cities usually have high speed Internet access, but may have a time limit as to how long user can be on their computers.
- I can't log in.
If your having trouble logging into the application first check that your typing in your user name and password correctly. Verify that your caps lock key is not on. If you continue to have problems, try resetting your password - use the "Forgot Password" button and a new password will be emailed to you.
If you do not receive your password in a few minutes and have reset it more than once contact the system administrator using the contact page available on this web site. There may have been trouble sending you an email for some reason.
- When I click the links for each video, nothing happens.
Make sure you do not have any "Popup Blockers" blocking this site.
1. Pull down the Tools menu and choose Internet Options
2. Click on the Security tab
3. Click on Internet
4. Click on Custom Level and scroll down to the section on Scripting
5. Make sure that Active Scripting is enabled
6. Click on OK
7. Click on Local Intranet and repeat steps 4-6
- I can't see the videos. What media player do I need to have installed to view the videos?
Please try downloading and (re)installing the latest version of Windows Media Player. You can get it free from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx
. It is possible that updates or other software/utilities you may have recently installed has caused your computer to be unable to access the media files.
If the Windows Media Player installation/update doesn't solve the problem and you're using Internet Explorer, the issue might be resolved by downloading and installing a different web browser. You can get Mozilla Firefox for free at http://www.getfirefox.com
-- after installing, please try logging into your account to view your videos using Firefox.
- The video doesn't play or takes a long time to buffer.
The videos are intended to be streamed using a highspeed internet connection. Using a slow connection will cause the video to not play properly. If the videos frequently buffer, then it means that you are not maintaining a fast enough connection to our servers to watch our videos. Please contact your network administrator. We do not support dialup connections.
- Can I fast forward or rewind the video?
You can fast forward, rewind, pause, stop and restart the video using the controls in the player. To use the fast forward or rewind buttons, you simply need to press the buttons and release them. Press them again to stop the fast forwarding or rewinding and resume normal play.
You will need to let the video buffer before you can use these controls.buffer time depends on your connection speed.
- Purchase Information
* Your purchase is made using a credit card through our secure processor: CyberSource. We do not keep your credit card information on file, it is removed after you successfully complete your order. Your credit card number is kept in an encrypted form during the ordering process and during your session so you can edit your card details such as your name, address, city, state, zip and other details about your card.
* If you have trouble making a purchase, please contact the system administrator. Purchases that do not go through may result in an authorization on your card, which is standard operating procedure in dealing with any credit card purchase. An authorization is not a purchase. It may take 7 to 10 days before an authorization is removed from your card. We have no control over the authorization process, but try our best to make sure you only get charged for what you purchase.
* We do not sell or distribute this information to anyone.
* Any information provided that we have on file is in order to contact you if there is a problem so a valid email address, phone and full name are always helpful.
- My credit card keeps getting denied even though my card is valid?
There are several reasons why this may happen. Failed AVS Check: This is a common but little known problem that occurs when the billing address you provide in your online order does not match the billing address on record with the bank that issued your credit card. It is your responsibility to make sure that the billing address you provide matches the address on record with the bank that issued your card. Not Enough Credit in Your Account: If there is not enough credit in your account your online order will not be approved. Card Not Recognized: We only accept VISA and MasterCard at this time. If you attempt to use any other card your transaction will not be approved. You Have Entered Information Incorrectly: Be sure to enter credit card numbers and expiration dates accurately. Also, be sure to enter data to the specifications required for each field.
- When does system maintenance occur?
System maintenance of the IRIS Education servers may occur on the second Wednesday of the month from 10PM-12AM (PT). If you are logged onto this site during that window you may encounter a brief interruption of service--please try again after 12AM. We appreciate your understanding as we take the necessary steps to ensure our systems are running at peak performance and provide reliable service to our customers.